Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Paleo Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”

Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
Adapted from Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods
without curry powder , which makes it yellow!
5 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup organic chicken broth
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp curry powder* (remove for a different non curried flavor)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large pan, add cauliflower, coconut milk and broth. Bring to boil, then reduce to medium and cover for 10 minutes until fork tender. Transfer cauliflower mixture in batches to food processor; add spices to processor and pulse until no lumps remain.

Review: I just love this. I make a batch almost every week and serve it alongside drumsticks, steak, etc. It's a great addition and really makes me feel like I'm having potatoes! I often double it to make sure I always have it on hand. Sometimes I'll do a version of 'regular/garlic' and then the one with 'curry' - they taste very different!

No comments: