Monday, November 29, 2010

Welcome to My New All-Recipe Blog!

Hi Friends! So... I never thought I'd cook much. I just wanted to lose weight and slowly found that an easy way to do it was by preparing my own food. Then I became addicted to finding new recipes, found myself pre-cooking for the week and making meal plans and now, here I am, devoting a site to over 200 of my favorite recipes. Insane the way things spiral out of control you develop a passion out of no where. A few things to note:
  • I rarely create my own recipes from scratch- most are inspired by fabulous bloggers like For the Love of Cooking, Real Mom Kitchen and Aggie's Kitchen. Or from sites like cookinglight.com. And of course I also get recipe ideas from my friends, co-workers, etc.
  • I find a recipe I want to make, and then get to work in Sparkpeople finding a way to tweak it to be filling but calorie-conscious. Sometimes this involves using fat-free ingredients, reducing the portion size, adding servings, etc. I also sometimes take out ingredients we don't like (i.e. peas) or add in ones we love (i.e. mushrooms). I aim for meals between 300 and 500 calories (most are around 400 or 450). I post nutritionals including calories, carbs, fat grams and protein grams.
  • Then I make the recipe, take a picture (if I can remember!), and post it on my main blog. Now i'll post it here as well, making it much easier to find what you're looking for with the categories and tags on the sidebars, and in the recipe index.
I'm so excited to get started. Next up for this blog?
  • Recook the recipes that are missing pictures and post them.
  • Finish the 'Products I Use' section.
  • Add many, many more meal plans. I only have two so far.
  • Make more recipes of course, and potentially foray into more desserts, side dishes, snacks appetizers and more!
If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions please email me at kellyfittingbackin@gmail.com.

12 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Congrats on the new blog, Kelly! It looks yummy :)

Some Day is Right Now said...

Kelly!!!!! The new blog looks GREAT!!!

Thanks so much for doing this.

If I ever decide to start cooking again I'll know exactly where to find your yummy recipes!!!

xoxo

Mom

fittingbackin said...

Thanks, Marisa! I'm SO excited to have it. I honestly think it's going to make cooking even more efficient and you know I heart efficiency!

Mom: Thanks!!!! haha For sure - speaking of yummy recipes, I need to get some of yours, lady!!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE IT! You know I will be following and copying your recipes.

Lauren said...

Kelly! This is awesome! Thanks for doing this.

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

yes!!

fittingbackin said...

Thanks you guys!! :) I really appreciate your support - am just so excited to have these all in one place - woo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new blog!! I just came across your "fittingbackin" blog and love it so I can't wait to read this one! I loooove cooking so I will definitely be visiting!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new blog!! I just came across your "fittingbackin" blog and love it so I can't wait to read this one! I loooove cooking so I will definitely be visiting!!

Emily said...

Wow! I just found your blog through Janetha's and I am in love with all your recipes! My husband is gonna be one happy guy when I start baking all those casseroles for him! We won't tell him they're healthy though, k? ;) xoxo

fittingbackin said...

Thanks you guys!

And no Emily - just don't tell him for sure. :)