Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bacon Ranch Slowcooker Chicken

Adapted from My Once a Month Cooking
Bacon Ranch Slowcooker Chicken
4 Servings

2 butterball turkey bacon strips, cooked and shredded
1 tsp minced garlic
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup (98% fat free)
1 cup fat-free sour cream
16 oz. chicken breasts, frozen or defrosted/raw
8 oz. pasta (I used rigatoni), cooked

Combine the first five ingredients. Place frozen or defrosted/raw chicken in slowcooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and pour sauce over the top (do NOT include water like the can mentions). Cook on high for 3.5 hours. Shred chicken with two forks. Cook pasta per package instructions on stove. Serve chicken over pasta.

Nutritional Information: 456 calories, 61 carbs, 5 fat grams and 36 protein grams.

Review: This tasted like it was SO bad for me! I loved how creamy it came out - it almost tasted cheesy even though I didn't have cheese. I'm going to make this again immediately - wonderful comfort food! Edited to add 9/20/11: I've gathered some feedback via Pinterest and wanted to share: one reviewer mentioned that unless you really like ranch, the ranch flavor could be a bit overwhelming - she suggested not using the entire packet. Another mentioned that for them it was too salty, so using less of the packet may make a difference. We love it as is, but I saw these and thought they may help! I also tweaked the instructions to make it clear that you do NOT cook the chicken beforehand and you do NOT cook the pasta in the dish. I hope this helps, too! And please, if you try it and have recommendations for making it better/changes for next time, feel free to post in the comments below. Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks AMAZING!

fittingbackin said...

It's definitely one of our favorites - it tastes SO bad for you... love that about it. And it's EASY!

gettinfit said...

Loved this one! Alfredo is so BAD for you, who would have thought this would be a great substitute for a white sauce? I don't always have to cook up read sauced for healthy pastas. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Made this today, added diced green chiles and mushrooms, made with no yolks noodles, delicious!!

Anonymous said...

I made this today, with a little modification, and it was AMAZING! I saved time by using precooked canned chicken, so I was able to combine everything into a skillet instead of using a slowcooker. The sauce was creamy, thick and was to die for!

Anonymous said...

Do you think it would freeze well?